So, you’re looking for a place to rent in Baltimore?
As you’ve already seen… there are a lot of options in the Baltimore area for housing.
All the way from apartments in Baltimore to rental houses in Baltimore… condos… mobile homes, and more.
But if you’re struggling to decide if you want to rent an apartment or a house… check out our tips below on the “pros and cons” of renting a local apartment vs. the pros and cons of renting a local house. (also, see our blog post on pros and cons of Rent to Own Programs for more detailed info >)
Renting A Baltimore Apartment –
There are lots of great apartments in Baltimore.
You’ve probably found new apartment complexes with all kinds of amenities like a swimming pool, gym, rec area, and all kinds of other perks.
And you’ve probably came across some bare bones apartments that just gave you 4 walls and not much else.
So here’s some Pros for renting local apartments:
- Often rent is cheaper with an apartment vs. renting a house
- Sometimes some services are included in your rent (trash, water, etc.)
- Maintenance is 100% taken care of by the management (if you’re in a bigger complex, usually the maintenance person is on-site and can repair things quickly)
- Sometimes there are more apartment units available than houses you want
- Amenities are often included like rec rooms, gyms, pools, and more.
- Sometimes you can pick up your neighbors wifi!
Here are some Cons of renting local apartments:
– You have neighbors sharing walls with you (sometimes on 3 sides of you)
– The stairs: If you get an upstairs apartment it can be a pain getting your furniture in and out
– Parking lot dings: If you’ve lived in a large apartment complex where you’re parking in a shared parking lot… you’ve likely experienced a ding or two from your neighbors on your car.
– Usually you don’t get a yard that is just for you (if you do, it’s usually very very small)
So what about renting a house in Baltimore Houses Should You Start to Look At
In the end, I can’t say that local Baltimore apartments are better than houses to rent or not.
It’s really down to your preference of what you want.
If you want more space and room to roam (without having to share walls with neighbors)… then renting a house will be the route you want to go.
If you’re looking for lots of options, a lower price, and extra amenities like a pool… take a look at the local apartments.
Or, a 3rd option for you is a local Baltimore rent to own home program.
Not sure what a “rent to own” home is?
Check out this page on our website that walks you through what a rent to own home (lease option) home is.
If you’re interested in seeing the local Baltimore rent to own homes that are available click the link below to get on the list and see available homes.
Or call us at (443) 839-0162 anytime to ask us questions and see if our Baltimore Rent To Own Program is right for you!